No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
1. _____ relates to any computer-based tool people use to work with information and to support the information processing needs of the organization.
a. 0 IT architecture
b. 0 IT infrastructure
c. 0 IT (Information Technology)
d. 0 Information systems (IS) Objective: Identify components of a database.
2. _____ are designed to correct a lack of communications among _____.
a. 0 Office automation systems, expert systems
b. 0 Transaction processing systems, functional area IS
c. 0 ERP systems, functional area IS
d. 0 Dashboards, office automation systems Objective: Describe roles of the information systems department.
3. A listing of all courses offered at your university would be considered _____, where a listing of all courses required in your major along with the credit hours and prerequisite requirements would be considered _____.
a. 0 information, data
b. 0 knowledge, information
c. 0 information, knowledge
d. 0 data, information
Week Two: Data gathering, storage, and uses Objective: Recognize data management issues.
4. Which of the following is not a source for external data?
a. 0 Commercial databases
b. 0 Corporate databases
c. 0 Sensors
d. 0 Satellites
Objective: Identify components of a database.
5. Place the following members of the data hierarchy in the correct order:
a. 0 Bit, byte, field, record, database, file
b. 0 Bit, field, byte, record, file, database
c. 0 Byte, bit, record, field, database
d. 0 Bit, byte, field, record, file, database
Objective: Describe the relationship between data, information, and knowledge.
6. _____ is a formal approach to managing data consistently across an entire organization.
a. 0 Database management
b. 0 Enterprise information management
c. 0 Data warehousing
d. 0 Data governance
Objective: Compare e-business and e-commerce.
7. Electronic commerce provides opportunities to do all of the following except:
a. 0 Companies expand their reach
b. 0 Companies expand at relatively...