No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Tools and Techniques for Innovation and Creativity
• Explain the tools and techniques used in the design process.
• Identify the four basic phases of the innovative process.
• Evaluate the results of a creative/innovative process for continuous improvement.
• Read Ch. 3, 8, 10–13, & 25 of Managing Innovation, Design and Creativity.
• Read this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
2. Discussion Questions
• What are some of the idea generating tools and techniques for innovation, design, and creativity? How do you create an innovative environment? How have you used one of the idea generating tools and techniques in your own decision making? Explain.
• What are the four basic phases of the innovative process? What is the importance of the design phase to the overall process? What possible application of these four phases would you suggest to your organization? Why?
• What are the four steps in the closing the loop process? Why is the closing the loop process important in the innovative process? How would you utilize the evaluation of the results for the process of continuous improvement?
3. Individual Assignment: Mental Process Paper
• Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you compare and contrast the four styles of creative intelligence and their influence on organizational decision making.
• Discuss how the five forces influence mental models and mindsets.
• Include examples of how mental models and mindsets might limit the decision-making process.
• Analyze your most commonly used mental models and mindsets that guide your decision making in the work place. How do these models influence your decision making?
• Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
4. Learning Team Assignment: Mental Models and Mindsets Paper
• Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper based on the organization your team selected for your Benefits and Drivers Proposal.
• Identify and...