No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
DELL SWOT Analysis
• Customer oriented marketing strategies.
• Well-Known for online selling of Computers.
• Listed in the fortune 500 companies as the 25th largest company.
• Dell Company employs more than 76000 thousand people.
• Provide quality PCs, Laptops and computer peripherals at low price.
• Low manufacturing cost.
• Dell offer computers with AMD and Dell processor.
• Dell has nine of manufacturing plants.
• Offer wide range of PC, Server, Laptops, Monitors and LCDs, Data storage devices, network switches and software.
• Dell built computer on customer provided specifications.
• Dell always keen to embed latest technology in its products.
• It has a reliable support and service.
• The company website at least receives 25 million visits.
• Efficient Inventory management.
• Dell became the first company in the information technology industry to establish a product-recycling goal.
•Elimination of bonuses in 2006 to increase the company financial performance.
• Closure of Dell’s biggest call center in April, 2003 terminating 1100 employees.
• On January 8, 2009 Dell announced the closing of its manufacturing plant in Limerick, Ireland with the loss of 1,900 jobs and the shift of production to its plant in Poland.
• Dell not able to attract the students of schools and colleges, this segment earn only 5% of total revenues.
• Lot of criticism against the Dell’s claim of world’s most secured notebooks.
• Dell willingly discontinued the “world’s most secure laptops” advertisement after the declaration of the NAD investigation.
• Dell have no proprietary technology, the currently used technology by dell are shared by the other major competitors.
• Dell is dependent on its suppliers
• India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are the untapped markets.
• Market penetration in education and Government markets.
• Cost reduction in latest technology.