No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Presented by: FRANKI SEGURA
Strategic audit of starbucks corporation:
Part 1: starbucks co. current situation
1.1 Current Performance:
• Very difficult fiscal 2008, 205 stores were closed and consumer confidence approaching all-time lows.
• Comparable store sales declined 5% in the US, ending with a decline of 8% in the fourth quarter.
• Consolidated operating income was $503.9 and operating margin for the year was 4.9% compare with 11.2% in the prior year.
• EPS was $0.43, compared to EPS of $0.87 per share earned in the prior year. Restructuring charges and costs impacted EPS by approximately $0.28 per share in fiscal year 2008.
1.2 Strategic Posture:
• Provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity.
• Apply the highest standards of excellence to the purchasing, roasting and fresh delivery of our coffee.
• “To inspire and nurture the human spirit— one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time.”
• “Starbucks is committed to a role of environmental leadership in all facets of our business”.
• To be the leading retailer and brand of coffee in each of its target markets.
• To establish Starbucks as one of the most recognized and respected brands in the world.
• To internationally open approximately 700 net new stores in fiscal 2009, two-thirds of which are expected to be licensed.
• Increase its market share by selectively opening additional stores in existing markets and opening stores in new markets to support its long term strategic objectives.
• Pursue other opportunities by introducing new products and developing new channels of distribution.
• To reach customers where they work, travel, shop and dine by establishing relationships with prominent third parties that share the Company’s values and commitment to quality.
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!