No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Axia College Material
Autism and Mental Retardation
Respond to the following:
1. List the primary features of autism. The most common features of autism will be usual movement of a child such as their limbs are not moving normally; odd looking facial appearance, weird hand movements, as well as they are trying to bring harm to themselves such as self-injurious behaviors.
2. Which explanation for autism is no longer considered valid and lacks research support? Will be sociocultural models of autism lack research support because it general states that autism were developed through a caregiver or a parents of an autism child because the child have been rejected and is not socially stable which have not been founded to be true.
3. What forms of treatment are helpful for a person with autism? Communication training which will work with the child in helping them to develop a better communication skill then the one that they are having and also behavioral therapy which will work with the autism child in letting them know what behaviors are accepted and which one or not and also the operating conditioning which will reinforce an autism child desirable behavior. These treatments are all to help a child as well as their parent deal better with an autism child.
4. List the criteria for a diagnosis of mental retardation: a generalized disorder appearing before adulthood, characterized by significantly impaired cognitive functioning and deficits in two or more adaptive behaviors.
5. Explain one way in which sociocultural biases in testing might pose problems for assessing mental retardation. The social culture that allows the patient to move throughout the culture is used to gather all the social situations.
6. Of the four levels of mental retardation, into which category do most people with mental retardation fall? Genetics, the state of mental retardation is normally something that you are born with.
7. What are the main types of biological causes...