No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Search the Internet for groups and organizations promoting racial equality to help you complete this assignment. You may also refer to the Internet Resource Directory in Ch. 13 of Racial and Ethnic Groups.
Using the information from the text and your web search:
Identify one racial group from the list below:
• African American
• Asian American
• Middle Eastern American
• Hispanic American/Latino
• Native American
Write a 750- to 1,050-word paper from one of the perspectives below:
• A historian writing about the racial group in a book chapter
• A news reporter writing a newspaper article or blog entry about the racial group
• An individual member of the racial group, writing a personal letter to a friend who is not a member of that racial group
Answer the following questions:
• What have been the experiences of this racial group throughout U.S. history?
• What have been the political, social, and cultural issues and concerns throughout American history?
• What legislation meant to constrain race within prejudicial boundaries was enacted? How did the various groups you researched fight this legislation?
• What legislation meant to alleviate prejudicial boundaries has been enacted? How did the various groups you researched promote this legislation?
In the 1300s, there were two major groups of Native Americans. They spoke two different languages. In New York State, they were called the Iroquois and the Algonquian Indians.
The Iroquois occupied the northern and central areas of New York State. Iroquois were known as the Haudenosaunee “The people of the Longhouse”. The Iroquois consisted of five groups named the Mohawk (occupied the east), Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, and Seneca (occupied the western parts of the state).
The Algonquin’s lived in the southern parts of New York State what is now called Long Island and the Hudson River Valley. The Algonquian groups were the Mahicans, Shinnecock, and the Lenni...
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!