No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
In Texas EC-6 Generalist Standards are known as TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills.) TEKS are the Texas state standards for what students should know and be able to do. These goals and objectives are for a 6th grade science class.
Texas State Standard: TX.112.22 (6.14) Science Concepts: The student knows the structures and functions of Earth systems.
1. Students are expected to summarize the rock cycle and know key characteristics in the classification of the three main types of rock (igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary.)
2. Students will be able to identify all components of the water cycle as well as discuss the order of how water cycle works.
3. The student is expected to describe components of the atmosphere, including oxygen, nitrogen, and water vapor, and identify the role of atmospheric movement in weather change.
Goal: Students are expected to summarize the rock cycle as well as classify the rocks into the three main classes.
1. After completing the lesson the students will be able to correctly identify key characteristics in the classification of igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rock.
Using power point presentation over characteristics of rock classification students will use graphic organizer to record key characteristics of three main types of rocks (igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary) for further use in the classroom. Students will demonstrate knowledge of rock classification through mini lab interactive activity. Students will be broken into groups of 4 and given a box containing 6 rocks. They will then use graphic organizers to classify each rock in their box. Students will be evaluated based on their ability to use graphic organizer to correctly classify types of rock in mini lab correctly.
2. After completing the lesson students will be able to describe different stages of the rock cycle and the changes undergone by rocks at...
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!