No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Running head: Case 1: Green Computing Research Project
Green Computing Research Project
IT Project Management - CIS 517
Dr. Johnnie E.Drake
Project Charter for the Green Computing Research Project
Project Title: Green Computing Research Project
Date of Authorization: April 27, 2012
Project Manager: John, 703-321-321, email@example.com
Project Start: April 27, 2012 Project End: October 27, 2012
Budget for the Project:
The firm has allocated $500.000 for this project. The majority of cost for this project will be internal labor. Five full-time employees will be dedicated to complete this project. Also, some of the costs will be external consultant’s advice, books and articles. Estimated benefits are $500.000 the first year after implementation and $2.5 million the following two years.
The main purpose of the Green Computing Research Project is to research possible application of green computing including:
* Data center and overall energy efficiency – Maximizing the power utilization of computing systems by reducing system usage during non – peak time periods.
* The disposal of electronic waste and recycling – Physical technology components (keyboard, monitors, CPUs, etc.) are often not biodegradable and highly toxic. Several business and governmental directives have been enacted to promote the recycling of electronic components and several hardware manufactures have developed biodegradable parts.
* Telecommuting – Providing the facilities necessary to allow employees the ability to work from home in order to reduce transportation emissions.
* Virtualization of server resources – By utilizing a single server to provide the virtual services that would otherwise need to be provided by multiple systems, overall power consumption is reduces.
* Then client solutions – These systems...
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!