No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Carefully review the assignment scenario/case study. From the limited information in the scenario/case study, along with your answers to the unit three written assignment, identify at least three direct and specific long-term and three direct and specific short term operations changes that Albatross Anchor must make to gain a clear and sustainable competitive advantage (provide detailed information to validate and support each recommended change)
Long-Term Operational Changes
1. The company is currently using the original forge from they had from their inception.
2. Out dated equipment tends to have a higher failure rate and safety hazards. Outdated equipment can fail to meet current safety standards and codes.
3. Albatross needs to invest in new equipment that is up to date with the current industry standards. Updated equipment will boost production and profits. Employee will have a safer environment to work in with the new equipment and this will lead to improved morale and productivity.
1. The company has out grown it facilities. The plant and office spaces need to be separated to achieve a higher operational standard. With the two areas being joined together the work areas are cramped and minimal room for operation. The current facilities layout causes excess clutter and movement of materials.
2. To be able to work more efficiently separating the office spaces from the work area allows for better flow and less clutter.
Moving the storage area closer to the production area will be more efficient and save time and money moving the product around.
(03) Manufacturing speed:
1. Retooling of the line to switch from one type of anchor to another requires the plant be down which in turn reduces production and increases lead time required to fill orders.
2. Lower the time by using new equipment and process will reduce lead time required and the amount of time that employees...
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!