No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Course Code : MS - 07
Course Title : Information System for Managers
Assignment Code : MS-07/TMA/SEM - II /2012
Coverage : All Blocks
Note: Answer all the questions and send them to the Coordinator of the Study Centre you are attached with.
1. What are Operating Systems? What are their functions? Describe the Open Systems Interconnection Reference Model (OSI Model) & its seven layers.
2. Define MIS. Describe the function that MIS supports in an organization. What are the various ways of assessing the value of information. Also explain each method briefly.
3. Distinguish between information and knowledge. Develop an information system for human resource department. Explain how a properly developed information system contributes to business development and company profits.
4. Discuss the steps involved in system analysis and design. What specific considerations are required for proper implementation and maintenance?
5. What do you understand by Intranet and Internet? “E-commerce has emerged as vital component in today’s business”. Explain by giving its features, constraints and examples.
Question # 1
Question 1: What are Operating Systems? What are their functions? Describe the Open Systems Interconnection Reference Model (OSI Model) & its seven layers.
OPERATING SYSTEMS :- An operating system is a set of computer programs that controls the
computer hardware and acts as an interface with the application programs. The operating system plays a central role in the functioning of a computer system. It is usually stored on disk, after the computer system is started or booted up portions of operating system are transferred to memory as required.
There are different types of operating systems. These are as follows:
1. Real-time Operating System: It is a multitasking operating system that aims at...
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!