No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Project Manager ensures that:
1. All necessary activities are finished in proper sequence and on time
2. The project comes within the budget
3. The project meets its quality goals
4. The people assigned to the project receive the motivation, direction, and information needed to do the job.
Some ethical issues:
1. Offers of gifts from contractors
2. Pressure to alter status reports to mask reality of delays
3. False reports for charges of time and expenses
4. Pressures to compromise quality to meet bonus or penalty schedules.
Steps in project management process
Identify the need or desire Decision is made to address the need
• Setting the goal objective/s and deadline (timeframe)
• Establish the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
• Work Breakdown Structure – breaking the project into manageable parts or components.
It defines the project by dividing it into major subcomponents, or work packages that are assignable and for which accountability can be expected. These can be further subdivided into more detailed components, and finally into a set of activities and their related costs.
Gross requirements for people, supplies, and equipment are also estimated in this planning phase.
Each work package is a performance-control element.
2 Major tasks in the project
3 Sub-tasks in major tasks
4 Activities to be completed
• Work package manager – is responsible for a specific measurable and a time-phased budget and work force.
1.0 System (Work package)
1.2 Airframe (Task)
2.1 Operator’s Manual
2.2 Repair Manual
3.0 Test and demonstration
3.1 Static system test on the ground
3.2 Dynamic air test (Task)
3.2.1 Initial flight for aerodynamics (Sub-task)
188.8.131.52 Assigning crew...
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!