No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
| 1.Exclusive Carrier(e.g. Rogers) | 2. Major Carriers (e.g. Rogers +Bell + TELUS ) | 3. Various Carriers(Any carrier) |
Pros | Build up tight relationship withthe carrier so that much easy touse carrier’s market resource,especially when the carrierwould like focus on the productmarketing | Use mature marketing resource.Any consumer won’t beexcluded by carrier selection | Use as much as the sales channel |
Cons | Less chance to cooperate withother possible sales chance | Not so focus like exclusive carriermarketing strategy | Carrier will put least marketingresource |
LG Watch Phone Case study
A. Defining the issues
- Preparing a marketing plan for launching the LG’s new product, 3G Watch Phone in Canada
B. Analyzing the Case Data
- Consumer Electronics Industry represents three sectors of products: in-home, in-car and
portable. Portable consumer electronics encompassed cameras, camcorders, portable
computers, portable media players and mobile phones. The product of this case is in mobile
phone sector. This market is characterized by technological convergence.
- LG is one the leading company in consumer electronics industry especially mobile phone market
according to the material. The competitors are Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony an Apple.
- But it seems the case study material is a little bit out of date (2009). The current mobile phone
market is most smartphone, which is leading by Apple and then followed by Android phones.
This LG watch phone has the basic features, such as speak phone, watch, Bluetooth etc., but no
material shows it has the latest smartphone’s feature, like operation systems installed, GPS
satellite navigation, even functional Internet browser.
- The benefit of a watch phone includes instantly accessible to answer calls, difficult to lose or
forget, not likely to be dropped, and difficult to steal. The market could be focused on the...