No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Our sessions are confidential, however, there may be exceptional circumstances where I reserve the right to make exceptions. For example:
- if you were to reveal information during our sessions which indicates you are a threat to yourself or others
- if it becomes clear during therapy that you have committed a serious crime such as murder, an act of terrorism, child abuse or express any intent to do so
- if I am ordered by a court of law to divulge information about you.
Before I were to consider a breach of confidentiality, I would first confer with you and then my tutor but would keep your name and any details anonymous so that you cannot be identified.
2. NUMBER OF SESSIONS
Six. The sessions will take place at Alton College once a week on a Thursday morning and each session will last for 50 minutes.
4. MISSED OR CANCELLED APPOINTMENTS
If, for any reason, you are unable to attend your appointment, please give 24hrs notice. If you cancel your appointment with less than 24hrs notice my normal fee will be charged.
5. ARRIVING LATE OR LEAVING EARLY
Should you arrive late for your appointment or choose to leave early, my normal fee will be applicable. Should you arrive late I will not be able to extend the length of our appointment.
6. NOTES & RECORDS
I will keep notes on observation records, however, these will only be shared with my tutor. Your name will be kept anonymous in any of my written work.
7. TERMINATION OF THERAPY
Ending counselling can be hard. I would ask that should you wish to do so, we discuss the implications beforehand so that we can prepare for this in order that you have time to say a proper goodbye. Should you wish to terminate your sessions, please provide me with one week's notice.
I am a level 3 counselling skills student and adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework. Should you be...