No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Lab #3, Installation of Structured Cabling
Each answer is worth 2.8 points.
Use a red colored font for you answers.
Place the answers below the questions
1. How often are network standards reviewed?
The network Standard are reviewed every five years.
2. What category of UTP cabling is the minimum for a telephone cable?
The minimum is category-1 with speeds of 1mbps, for voice only.
3. What category of cabling should be installed as a best practice for a telephone cable?
Category 1 Basic copper-wire twisted pair for telephone use.
4. What is the problem with leaving abandoned cable in place in a building?
Abandoned cable is a fire hazard; some cities have the force of law to remove the cabling. In addition if not proper taken care of it can become a unexpected expense.
5. Why must the twisting in the individual wires be maintained in a UTP cable?
The twist prevents interference or crosstalk on a connection, in addition slows the network down.
6. How many wires does a gigabit cable use?
A gigabit uses four pairs of wire.
7. Is the labeling standard commonly used or not used?
Yes cable color coding as well as naming, provides quick visual identification and can save time tracing cables.
8. Grounding should be attached to what in the building?
A ground wire should go from the relay rack, directly to the communications bus bar for any given floor.
9. Horizontal cabling connects what areas to each other?
It connects the communications closet and the work area together.
10. What is a plenum rated cable?
Plenum rating (CMP) signifies cable that has passed stringent
burn testing and is suitable for installation into Air Plenum spaces.
11. What is a riser tube used for?
A riser tube penetrates through a firewall, facilitating wires through floors, protecting the cable in the instance of a fire.
12. What is...
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!