Job Satisfaction

Submitted by: Submitted by

Views: 292

Words: 514

Pages: 3

Category: Business and Industry

Date Submitted: 09/13/2012 11:31 AM

Report This Essay

Job satisfaction is important because it can affect the employees’ behaviors in organizations and reflect the employees’ well-being (George & Jones, 2012). There are four elements can influence the job satisfaction.

The first element is personality. Personality shows a person’s enduring ways of thinking, behaving and feeling (George & Jones, 2012). According to Richard Avery’s research about identical twins, 30% of job satisfaction level can be decided by personality. Organizations and managers cannot change the genetic difference in a short time. However, the other 70% of job satisfaction level can be controlled by an organization or managers, which is meaningful for the job satisfaction study.

The second element is Value. A value in this part refers to intrinsic work value. In a well pay but monotonous job, person who has a strong intrinsic work value is more likely satisfied with their job than people who have the weak intrinsic work value (George & Jones, 2012).

The third point is the work situation. This element is highlighted as the most important source of job satisfaction. Work situation can be refer to many aspects, for example, the tasks a person performs, the people a jobholder interact with, the surrounding in which a person works, and the way the organization treat its employees ( George & Jones, 2012). Most employees regard as important elements in work situations include flexibility, salaries and security. Flexibility is significant for working mothers. They can take care of their families by flexibly arrange their working schedule. Obviously, salaries and security are the basic working requirements for most people. Employees are more satisfied with their well-pay jobs and not always worry about the threat of layoff. Lastly, if some negative problems expose in the working place, it will impact the employees’ job satisfaction. The overloaded responsibility, the inefficient processes and procedures in managing system, lacking of autonomous...