Big Bang

Submitted by: Submitted by

Views: 349

Words: 301

Pages: 2

Category: English Composition

Date Submitted: 07/07/2013 10:47 AM

Report This Essay

I can’t help but feel a twinge of envy. 我心里实在有点小嫉妒

See the...of the...unfolding before my eyes 看见。。的景色尽收眼底

It’s not exactly glamourous up there. 其实那里没有这么好

We used to engage in casual physical contact that a disinterested onlooker might mistake for intimacy. 我们曾经做出过一些肢体接触是让旁观者觉得我们很亲密的样子。

................., as i am doing so eloquently right now. 而我现在正(雄辩地/付有说服力的)问着这个问题呢。

Where do you stand on it? 你的主张是什么?

As i’ve stated before on numerous occasions, 我说过无数次了

You either say sth meaningful and from the heart, or you and I are done.你最好真心的说些有意义的话,否则咱俩就完了

You are a girl, and you like all hippy-dippy things.你喜欢所有弱智的事

I’m going to pause to let that sink in. 我暂停一下以使你充分理解

Your desperate need for love makes you weak.你对爱情的极度渴望让你破绽百出

A kiss-up 一个马屁精

Perhaps I’ve already hit upom the idea that will 。。也许我已经发现了。。。样的idea

Hearing unimpaired 听力未受损

May god have mercy on your soul 愿上帝怜悯你的灵魂

Look at you, putting on a brave face 看看你,还假装坚强

You are not at a rave 你不是在狂欢派对

I find that inconsistent with everything i know about you这可不像是你说的话/ 这可不像你

Don’t make me pull it out of you. 别让我费劲逼问你了

I am not really in the mood 我实在没心情

This is a sticky wicket. 进退两难

I don’t need anyone badgering me into it. 我不需要任何人没完没了地烦我

I am on the horns of a dilemma.

It’s just the tip of the sadness iceberg. 这只是我悲哀的冰山一角

This is a cleverly veiled reference 这是一个明嘲暗讽

I’d like to propose a toast to burying the hatchet.大家来干一杯敬恩怨一笔勾销

That’s a saucy twist.好秒的故事转折

Well, that’s snuck up on us.这真是悄无声息啊

You provide me meaningful wish-fulfillment 你满足我如愿以偿

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 不要随便改变现状,小心弄巧成拙

Let’s knock socks off. 给人惊喜

It’s too late. I call dibs. 太晚了,我说了归我了。(占座,东西)

You will forever be in a state of epistemic ambivalence 你将会永远处在认知的矛盾状态中

You have a pathological need for 。。。 对于。。你有病态的需求