No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Divine Roles Across Cultures Matrix
Select one common divine role that recurs in world mythology.
Possible options of divine roles include the following: father or mother divinities, divinities of war, home or hearth divinities, divinities of love, divinities of wisdom, divinities of medicine or health, divinities of the wind, divinities of agriculture, divinities of the sky, ruler of all the gods, and so on.
Identify the role in the title of your matrix.
Select two myths, each from a different culture, in which the divine role appears. Identify the divinity names and cultures in columns A and B.
Complete the matrix by answering each of the five questions for both selected divinities.
Title: Column A
Divinity Name: God Ruler
Culture of Origin: Greek Column B
Divinity Name: war
Culture of Origin: middle east
1. How is this divinity portrayed? Describe the divinity’s role within the myth.
Zeus ruler of all gods wants revenge against Meticles Nutt is the goddess of the sky
2. Is the divinity male or female? What function does this gender play?
God ruler of all gods Female
Goddess of sky
3. Within the myth of origin, how does this divinity compare with other divinities? How does this divinity interact with or compare to divinities of the same gender and to divinities of the opposite gender?
It basically compares too
Gender issues, zeus killed his father and is worried his child might do the same and wants to kill that child Love is one of the comparisons,it applies to both genders everyone has love and war with in them self to deal with
4. What are the divinity’s attributes, such as divine powers or characteristics? What objects does the divinity possess, such as a weapon or animal, that assist him or her?
Has the power to create thunderbolts and is his greatest weapon Powers of love and lust,mind controlling
Power of light which can be represented as hope
5. Identify one character from contemporary culture...