No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Downloading Joomla 1.7 To Your Local Computer
Open a Browser window and enter http://www.google.com in the address bar and hit GO.
In the Google search windows that opens search for download joomla as shown in diagram 1.
In the Search results window Click on the joomla.org link http://www.joomla.org/download.html as shown in Diagram 2.
When joomla.org opens in the Browser window locate the Download section of Joomla 1.7.X and click the ZIP of the stable full package of as shown in Diagram 3.
Select the Save File radio button, and save the zip file to your hard disk. Click OK, as shown in Diagram 4.
On click of OK, a file browser will open up. Navigate to an appropriate folder on your hard disk and save the Joomla_1.7.0-Stable-Full_Package.zip to your local computer, eg: “X:\ public_html\” Here X:\ represents an appropriate drive letter on your computer, as shown in Diagram 5. The zip file would be successfully downloaded and saved in this folder.
Joomla 1.7 Installation
Some of the big new features of Joomla 1.7 are as follows:
* Random generation of Joomla database table prefix (alphanumeric string) instead of static‘jos_’ during the installation step of Joomla 1.7. This is a security measure taken in Joomla 1.7.
* Batch processing in Article Manager / New Weblink Manager. The article / web links can be easily processed by two ways.
* Select the articles/ web links and change the access level
* Select the articles/ web links and change the category assigned.
NOTE : This feature was added in Joomla 1.6 in some of the managers except Article. It’s now covered in Joomla 1.7.
* Save the search term for the List Search Results menu item.
* In Mass Mail, you can Exclude/Include Disabled Users.
And tons more.
While Joomla still hasn’t caught up with WordPress in the ease-of-use department, as a CMS, it is considerably more powerful. The new ACL feature is great for large...
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!