No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Name _Sheree Kerans_______
Answer the following questions:
1) What is a resource?
Resources are people, equipment, and materials necessary to complete a task.
2) Why aren't resources assigned to summary tasks?
Because MS Project will add the value of that resource to each work package below the summary and add that time to the resource’s usage. This will affect both cost and potentially cause resource over-allocations.
3) What is the difference between Start, Prorated and End in association with costs?
Start is when a resource is paid at the beginning of a task, End is when a resource is paid upon completion of a task and Prorated is when a resource is paid on a specific schedule over the duration of the project.
4) Give a real-world example of the difference between a fixed cost and a cost per use?
Fixed cost would be a one-time cost for a task such as a person repairing your car, Cost Per Use is a cost you incur every time you use a resource such as phone costs each month.
5) Why is a fixed cost entered with the task and not the resource?
Fixed cost is not dependent on the amount of time or the number of resources it takes to complete the task.
Why is the resource cost for the Wiring Contractor $0.00?
Because this is a fixed cost resource who charges a fixed contractual price of $4000.
6) Which resource is Overallocated and why?
System Administrator, because they have more work than hours available.
Turn in this sheet with your MS Project file to the Week 2 iLab Dropbox.
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!