No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Project A – Looking for London
Presentation deadline: w/c Monday 19th March 2012
Submission deadline: Friday 23rd March 2012
This summer, the eyes of the word will be on London for the 2012 Olympics. An unprecedented number of visitors are expected to arrive in the capital for the games.
This represents an opportunity to make them aware of the London beyond Big Ben and Piccadilly Circus – vibrant areas of the capital rich in history, culture and creativity that are more familiar to residents of the city, or have another story to tell.
Your task will be;
* to research and identify the unique characteristics of your given area of the city
* to communicate these ideas via a poster which will entice visitors to these unexplored areas of the capital and / or enhance their awareness of the unique characteristics of the area
* Camden ( including Primrose Hill)
* Upper Street
* Shoreditch ( including Spitalfields)
* London Fields ( including Broadway Market )
* Clerkenwell and Farringdon
For this project you are asked to work individually to a design brief that asks you to look at one area of London. The final outcome should take the form of an A3 POSTER (dimensions 420mm x 297mm) printed in colour
The poster should combine image and text and be presented on mount board for the final presentation where a class discussion will take place.
* What information do you want to get across to the viewer?
* How will you best represent this information ?
* Think carefully about the image and text - how much of each will you put on the poster? How will they relate to each other?
* Expressing yourself- be as creative as you dare! You are all working to the same format of an A3 poster– how do you want to stand out or be different?
* Consider demographic ie who your poster will be appealing to? Who is the viewer?
ONE A3 colour poster designed using Adobe Photoshop,...
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!