No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
MIS Tutorial 2
1. Using a diagram, explain business processes and describe the role they play in organizations.
A business process is a logically related set of activities that define how specific business tasks are performed. Business processes are the ways in which organizations coordinate and organize work activities, information, and knowledge to produce their valuable products or services. It may be tied to functional area or be cross-functional.
Transaction Processing system (TPS) | Management Information system (MIS) | Decision Supporting System (DSS) | Executive support System (ESS) |
Keep track of the elementary activities and transactions of the organization | Provides middle managers with reports on the organization's current performance | Use variety of model to analyze data received from TPS and MIS | Present graphs and data from many sources through an interface that is easy for senior managers to use |
| | | |
No analytical skills.Routine. | No analytical skills.Routine. | Analytical skills.Non-routine. | Analytical skills.Non-routine. |
2. . Using a table, tabulate and compare the characteristics of Transaction Processing Systems (TPS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Decision Support System (DSS), and Executive Support System (ESS).
3. .Define enterprise systems, supply chain management systems, customer relationship management systems, and knowledge management systems and describe their business benefits. Explore some vendors’ websites that offers different business solutions or systems. Illustrate an example of business solution by showcasing a demo video during the tutorial.
Enterprise systems (ERS)
* Collects data from different firm functions and stores data in single central data repository
* Resolves problem of fragmented, redundant data sets and systems
Supply chain management systems (SCM)
* Manage firm’s relationships with suppliers
* Share information about...
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!