No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Maintaining and Optimizing Windows Vista Systems Lab and Study Guide
Maintaining and Optimizing Windows Vista Systems Lab and Study Guide will provide instructions and steps for using different tools to assist in maintaining and optimizing the performance of a Windows Vista computer. This guide will discuss the importance of maintaining Windows Vista through regular Windows updates, security settings, task manager, system configuration, and the reliability and performance monitor. There are many ways to maintain and optimize Windows Vista but for a novice user these options will keep any novice safe and there system will run smooth without extensive skills.
Windows updates are a necessity to keep your system stable. Windows update’s provides significant benefits, such as improved security and reliability (Microsoft Corp., 2011). These updates may be performed whenever you like, but it is recommended to set up automatic updating to prevent forgetting to update your computer.
To set up automatic updating follow the steps below:
• Click on the Windows start button to open the windows start menu.
• Locate and click on the control panel.
• Once the control panel opens click on the Windows update option.
• When the Windows update window opens choose change settings in the left hand windowpane.
• Listed under install new updates choose whether to update daily or the day of week, you wish to update your pc.
• Choose the time of day you want the updates to download to your pc.
• Click to check mark recommended updates, who can install updates, updates for Microsoft products that are not specifically related to the operating system, and to be notified when new Microsoft software is available.
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!