No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
1. (TCO 1) Which of the following is a mental process? (Points : 2)
a and b
2. (TCO 1) If a psychologist is interested in studying the risk factors that lead to delinquency in adolescence, on what goal of psychology is the researcher focused? (Points : 2)
3. (TCO 1) An example of ______________ would be if you argue that most behaviors are a product of your environment and your friend argues that behaviors are a result of heredity. (Points : 2)
the nature-nurture controversy
applied vs. basic research
continuity vs. discontinuity controversy
an objective vs. subjective argument
4. (TCO 1) Functionalism was strongly influenced by what previous theory? (Points : 2)
Darwin's theory of evolution
Pavlov's theory of classical conditioning
5. (TCO 1) Pavlov's concept of ______________ explained behavior as a result of observable stimuli and observable responses. (Points : 2)
6. (TCO 1) Behaviorists were different conceptually from earlier psychologists and ____ (Points : 2)
rejected the practice of introspection.
rejected the influence of unconscious forces.
believed classical conditioning only applied to animals such as Pavlov's dogs.
a and b
7. (TCO 1) The humanistic perspective was responsible for influencing the development of what area of psychology? (Points : 2)
8. (TCO 1) Biopsychologists emphasize _____. (Points : 2)
that behavior is the...