No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Submitted by: Submitted by homestudyhelp365
Category: Other Topics
Date Submitted: 06/28/2016 03:46 AM
WE PROVIDE KSBM MBA EMBA BMS DMS GDM CASE STUDY
ANSWERS, ASSIGNMENT SOLUTIONS, PROJECT REPORTS
ARAVIND - 09901366442 – 09902787224
1. A small manufacturer buys a set of steel brackets at Rs. 40 per pair. He does havethe
capacity to produce the same at his workshop. However he has to incur a fixed cost of Rs.
30,000 and a variable cost of Rs. 10 per pair of brackets. He has firm orders for 2000
assemblies each requiring a pair of brackets. His selling price is Rs. 16 per pair of brackets.
What should he do ? Buy brackets or produce them himself.
2. "Good working conditions lead to higher productivity”. Discuss.
3. Discuss the factors to be considered while selecting a "Factory site"
4. Explain the various factors to be cionsidered in rating a vendor.
5. Assume that a company has just committed to change from a traditional style of
management to one based on TQM. Explain the importance of employee involvement and
empowerment in implementing the TQM.
6. Name of the tasks, task times and required immediate predecessors are given below for
a food processing plant:
Task Time (in
The Plant has desired output of 7600 units per week. The plant operates for 5 days per week,
three shifts per day and eight hours per shift at 90 percent efficiency. Draw the precedence
diagram. Calculate the required cycle time, line efficiency and balance delay, for the above
7. Briefly discuss the concepts of JIT in the context of manufacturing systems. What are the
most critical things needed to implement JIT? Discuss how JIT reduces costs of material,
labour and overheads.
8. Write short notes on the following :
(i) Quality assurance and total quality
(ii) Economic Order...