No Marshmallows, Just Term Papers
Respiratory System Study guide:
Answer the following, submit through the assignments link as an msword document.
1. What percent of air is oxygen?
2. What is the entire process of gas exchange between atmosphere and body cells called
3. What is the waste product of cells?
4. What organs are located in the upper respiratory tract?
Nose, nasopharnyx, oropharnyx,laryngopharnyx, and larnyx
5. What organs are in the lower respiratory tract?
Larynx, Trachea, Bronchial Tree, Lungs
6. What is the function of the nasal cavity?
The nasal cavity conditions the air to be received by the other areas of the respiratory tract
7. What does mucous do?
Protect the lungs because it is sticky meaning that it can trap particles of dust, dirt, bacteria and pollen
8. What is the function of the larynx?
It guards the passage to the airways that lead to the lungs.
9. Which lung is larger, the right or the left?
10. What is laryngitis?
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the voice box, or larynx, that causes your voice to become raspy or hoarse.
11. What is a bronchoscopy?
A procedure used to view a patient's lung, airways, voice box, vocal cord, trachea, and many branches of bronchi.
12. The paranasal sinuses are resonant chambers that affect the quality of voice and function to _________.
13. What is found within the trachea that prevents it from collapsing and blocking the airway?
20 ‘C’-shaped pieces of cartilages
14. What is inspiration?
Occurs when pressure inside alveoli decreases and atmospheric pressure is greater.
15. What is tidal volume?
The lung volume representing the normal volume of air displaced
between normal inspiration and expiration when extra effort is not applied.
Join now to view this essay and thousands of others on PaperCamp.com. It's free Join Now!